Saturday 26 June 2010

Review: Zubeda henna stains

This self made henna paste was made using Zubeda henna powder. It was recommended to me by my tutor for the consistency of its staining performance; i.e. it usually stains well. Noticed that I've bold the word 'usually'? Well, sometimes it's hard to predict whether the new box/packet of henna powder you just bought gives you good results. It's more of a gamble when you are buying something new. You'll never know till you try. Nevertheless, I've used 3 boxes of Zubeda henna powder and the stains seems to be quite consistent. It yields a more obvious brownish colour.

I'll get a review done on the henna powder I've used when I've got more time to spare. All these reviews were based solely on my own personal experience and my own point of view.
I had this henna done last night at about 10 - 11pm and removed the remaining paste by 2am (I am not keen to leave it on overnight as I wanted a good night sleep). This is the colour of the henna stains at about 10.30am in the morning, about 12 hours after the initial application.

The henna is able to stain in quite a short period of time. Leaving it on for about 2-3 hours can yield such the colour above. However, it gives a brownish stain, yet I believe it could be darker if lemon sugar syrup was applied.
I was looking forward to a slightly reddish edge in the stain though.

The colour is always darkest where the skin is thickest but I hoped for better and darker colour.

3 comments:

  1. i've purchased zubeda henna and would like to know the ideal amount of time to let the paste sit for before applying it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete